Department statutes (Departmentsordnung)
The Department of Nanobiotechnology is operating under the "Statut des Departments für Nanobiotechnologie", accepted by the decision of the BOKU Rectorate on 08.05.2012. The DNBT Statutes can be accessed by the following link.
Note that the DNBT has changed the nomenclature in the Statutes from "Abteilung" to the legally equivalent "Institute" in every day use to comply with the most common nomenclature of the BOKU.
The Department of Nanobiotechnology is comprised of three Institutes:
- Institute for Biologically inspired materials (Institute leader: Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult; Deputy: Dr. Ronald Zirbs)
- Institute for Biophysics (Institute leader: Univ. Prof. José Luis Toca-Herrera; Deputy: ao. Prof. Dietmar Pum)
- Institute for Synthetic bioarchitectures (Institute leader: Univ. Prof. Eva-Kathrin Sinner; Deputy: Dr. Darren Tan)
With shared state-of-the-art laboratory and office infrastructure the institutes organize research and teaching in their respective area of expertise. A joint strategy for developing research and teaching and for use of common resources is coordinated through the meeting of the Institute heads (Institutsleiterkonferenz, ILK). The ILK is chaired by the Department head and has one attending representative from each department, typically the Head of each Institute; these are also Deputy Heads of Department. The ILK meets approximately weekly to discuss and support the decisions of the Department head and to distribute departmental tasks.
The following list specifies the delegation of responsibilities and rights to represent the Department of Nanobiotechnology within the area of responsibility. These delegations are to be seen as complementary to the legally stipulated right of the Department head to represent the Department of Nanobiotechnology in all issues and the right of the deputy department heads to represent the department on behalf of the department head. All delegations are in order of appearance, i.e. the second name should only be contacted if the first person is not available.
Department leader: Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult
Deputies: Univ. Prof. José Luis Toca-Herrera and Univ. Prof. Eva-Kathrin Sinner
- Research (Forschungssprecher; incl. proposal submissions and commissioned research): DL. Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult and Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner
- Administrative office (Büro): Dieter Jäger
- Teaching (Lehrsprecher): Univ. Prof. José Toca-Herrera and ao. Univ. Prof. Christina Schäffer
- IT (EDV): ao. Univ. Prof. Dietmar Pum and Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner
- Safety (Sicherheit): Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner and Univ. Prof. José Toca-Herrera
- Fire safety (Brandschutz): Univ. Prof. Dr. Eva Sinner and Harald Mayer
- Biological Safety (Biologische Sicherheit) commission: ao. Univ. Prof. Christina Schäffer, ao. Univ. Prof. Paul Messner and Dr. Andrea Koerdt
- Chemical lab safety: Dr. Ronald Zirbs
- First help (Erste-Hilfe) contact: Harald Mayer
- Personnel: DL Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult and Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner
- Global budget: DL Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult and Univ. Prof. José Toca-Herrera
- Institute budgets: Respective Institute head.
- VIBT board (VIBT Steuerrat): DL Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult and Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner
- Department head conference (Departmentleiterkonferenz): DL Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult and Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner
- Internationales Gremium: DL Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult and Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner
- Common DNBT office desk allocation: Univ. Prof. José Toca-Herrera and Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner
- Institute office desk allocation: Respective Institute head.
- IGS BioNanoTech: Univ. Prof. Eva Sinner and DL Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult
- VIBT Imaging Center: DL Univ. Prof. Erik Reimhult
- SAP: Dieter Jäger
- Environmental standards (Umweltsschutz) contact: BMA Sonja Zayni and MTA Andrea Scheberl
- EHS representative: Dr. Ronald Zirbs